Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Circle of Blessings

Only goodness and kindness follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
for years to come.
- Psalm 23:6
Whenever I give to God, I get so much in return. I volunteered to become a lector, a reader at mass, and I have gained a much deeper understanding of the Word that I proclaim. I joined the RCIA team, and every week I strengthened my faith, and I have gained a whole new circle of friends. I waited for the right man to be my husband, and I have gained a soul mate for life, and have been blessed with two precious children. The more I give, the more I receive, which makes me want to give even more. It's a circle of blessings.

We don't have to give in big ways to receive these blessings. Take five minutes to talk to one of the quieter moms at school, and you could make a new friend. Take on a couple of extra tasks at work, and a colleague may offer to help when that big project deadline comes up. Offer to give an elderly neighbor a ride to church, and you will have someone to pray for you when you need it.

Offer goodness and kindness at every opportunity, and they will follow you all the days of your life. Then you will know you are truly dwelling in the house of the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment