Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Show and Tell

Pleasing to him be my theme;
I will be glad in the LORD.
- Psalm 104:34
I remember doing themes at school (we called them 'topics'). We selected or were given a particular topic. We then had to research that topic, and write a short essay about it, which we then presented to the rest of the class.

Many years later, I found a new theme to study: Christianity. I was not raised in a religious household, so when I started dating my husband (a cradle Catholic), I wanted to learn about his faith. I read books, attended some services, and eventually joined a group to study Christianity in more detail. Instead of writing an essay, what I learned was written in my heart. And instead of presenting my findings to a class, I presented them to my family and my community by being baptized.

It hasn't ended there though. I continue to learn more and more about my theme. In the age of the Internet, research is much easier than in my school days! I read blogs and articles, bookmark interesting websites, and follow inspiring people on Facebook and Twitter. I also read books, attend bible studies and classes, and serve in ministries that fuel my desire for knowledge. I am always learning something new about my faith. Even this blog is little more than my spiritual journal, and as I write this, I am learning.

My faith is my theme, the topic I want to learn more about, and share with the rest of the class.



CCOP Bible Study

.

No comments:

Post a Comment