Thursday, February 10, 2011

Choose Life

If you choose you can keep the commandments, they will save you; if you trust in God, you too shall live. - Sirach 15:15
This is such a simple message: trust in God, keep His commandments, and you will live. It is our choice though. We have free will, and we can choose whether or not we want to keep the commandments. So ultimately, we are choosing whether to live or die.

I want to live - now and forever. I want to keep God's commandments and please Him, but I often struggle and fail. Why? Maybe I just don't try hard enough. Maybe I am not ready to let go of the things that get in the way. Or maybe the struggle is part of God's plan for me. Whatever the reason, I should offer it up. Offer up my desires, my struggles, my successes and my failures.

Choose life. Pray for strength, and never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment