Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Never Forgotten

Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should she forget, I will never forget you.
- Isaiah 49:15
There are probably many times when we feel like God has forgotten us. Things go wrong, our lives are filled with struggles, and prayers go unanswered. At times like this it can be hard to keep our faith strong. It may even evaporate completely. Even Jesus, when He was on the Cross, felt that God had abandoned Him.

As a mother, I can't imagine ever forgetting one of my children. They are my life, my reason for living. Everything I do is for them. How could I ever forget them? Even when, many years from now, they are grown and no longer living with me, they will always be in my thoughts and in my heart. If we mere humans can do this, we must accept that God does too. Our children might think that we are not listening to their problems, or not helping when they need it, but we are always there for them.

So is God.

He hears our prayers, He sees our struggles, He knows what we need. Even when we can't hear Him, He is always there, always with us. He will never forget you, and He will give you the strength you need to get through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment