Friday, February 11, 2011

My Peace I Give You

For the Spirit scrutinizes everything, even the depths of God.
- 1 Corinthians 2:10

The Holy Spirit is amazing. I can honestly say I have felt Him guiding me at specific times, especially recently. I know He gives me wisdom when I need it. And now I learn from St Paul that He even scrutinizes the depths of God.

If He can see into the depths of God, what could I hope to hide from Him, and why would I even try? Because there are parts of my life that I regret or am ashamed of, things I've said or done that I will not admit to God, and wish I could keep secret from Him. Of course I can't though. As much as it might bother me, I have to accept that God knows everything about me. And He loves me regardless. How amazing is that! All He really desires is that I admit my mistakes. Think about it: if you have a child and you know they've done something wrong, don't you feel better if they admit it to you rather than trying to hide it? That's what God wants.

I don't usually think of God the Spirit when I'm confessing something though. I usually pray to God the Father, or to Jesus. We know Jesus forgives sins, it's mentioned many times in the bible. Whenever it does occur to me to pray directly to the Holy Spirit though, I am always left with a great sense of peace.

I think the third Person of the Trinity, the one who sees into the depths of God, longs for a deeper relationship with me. With all of us. Talk to Him. Listen to Him. Then receive His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment