Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Greater Love

Against you only have I sinned, and done what is evil in your sight.
- Psalm 51:6
This is something I don't immediately consider when I think about something I've done wrong. I know sin saddens God, and I usually think it's because I've hurt someone that He loves. But a sin against another person is also a sin against God, the creator of that person.

When someone hurts a member of our family, we take it personally. If someone hurts your own child, you feel the pain intimately. God's love for His children is so much deeper than we could ever imagine, so how much deeper must be His pain when we sin against one of His children?

When someone hurts a member of our family, we want to retaliate, to get even, to make them pay. But God doesn't. No matter what we do, He always wants to forgive us. Even the most evil crimes like murder, abuse or abandonment. God still wants to forgive us and draw us back into His love and His family. And if we honestly repent, that's exactly what He does.

There is always hope. There is always a way back. And there is always a Father waiting, with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment